Cofield Collection (complete)
 

Title

Early Lyceum

Creator

J. R. Cofield

Preview

image preview

Identifier

mum00078_b01_f12_006

Disclaimer

Some of the images and language that appear in the digital collections depict prejudices that are not condoned by the University of Mississippi. This content is being presented as historical documentation to aid in the understanding of both American history and the history of the University of Mississippi. The University Creed speaks to our current deeply held values, and the availability of this content should not be taken as an endorsement of previous attitudes or behavior.

Date Information

1950s

Description

The Lyceum after its completion in the 1840s. Typed on photograph: (The Lyceum made in 1848. This building was and (still) is Ole Miss). Yeah, they fought there too (100 years ago). [Full page images can be found in Box 1 scrapbook, also in this image gallery.]

Original Collection

Cofield Collection (MUM00078); J.R. and Jack Cofield original works are copyrighted to the University of Mississippi. Many images were collected by J.R. Cofield, and are subject to copyright under the creator. Archives and Special Collections. University of Mississippi Libraries.

Original Format

black-and-white photographs

Relational Format

image

Share

 
COinS