The University of Mississippi Libraries includes the John Davis Williams Library (191,261 sq ft), the Science Library (10,890 sq ft) which is housed in the Thad Cochran Natural Products Center, and an Annex building (15,200 sq ft), housing the Modern Political Archives and low use materials, which is located across the street from the Science Library.
The Library has been a depository for U.S. government publications since 1883 and is one of only 50 regional depositories in the nation, and also receives Mississippi state documents.
The Department of Archives and Special Collections houses one of the world’s finest collections of books, manuscripts, and memorabilia devoted to William Faulkner. The Mississippi Collection, a part of Archives and Special Collections, contains more than 46,000 volumes and 700 manuscript collections of Mississippiana. The Digital Collections available here represent only a fraction of the Archives' holdings. The finding aids provide inventories for varying collections.
Photo by Nathan Latil/Ole Miss Communications