"Be Just and Fear Not"
The Lee County Journal, established in 1870, had changed its name three times by 1874: The Tupelo Standard (1872), The Mississippi Journal (1873), and The Tupelo Journal (also 1873). In 1936, the newspaper took the name Tupelo Daily Journal, which it kept until 1973 when it adopted its current name: Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal. The newspaper's website includes a timeline of its history.
Note: This collection features digitized copies of microfilm. The original newspaper, which was microfilmed, was not in the best condition. Therefore some of the digital scans from that microfilm are not easy to read.
1882
April 14, 1882, The Tupelo Journal
April 7, 1882, The Tupelo Journal
March 31, 1882, The Tupelo Journal
March 24, 1882, The Tupelo Journal
March 17, 1882, The Tupelo Journal
March 10, 1882, The Tupelo Journal
March 3, 1882, The Tupelo Journal
February 24, 1882, The Tupelo Journal
February 17, 1882, The Tupelo Journal
February 10, 1882, The Tupelo Journal
February 3, 1882, The Tupelo Journal
January 27, 1882, The Tupelo Journal
January 20, 1882, The Tupelo Journal
January 13, 1882, The Tupelo Journal
January 6, 1882, The Tupelo Journal